Thursday, July 31, 2008

DK Designs' Passionate about Peonies made the Handpicked Items on the Etsy Home Page!

On Etsy.com's home page, there's a handpicked section that's pretty much the focal point of their site. I often wondered who selects these items and how different Etsy vendors get their beautiful creations on the home page. I thought maybe it was the Etsy staff. Well come to find out there are things called Treasuries. It's an opportunity for an Etsy seller to showcase other artisans on the site. You cannot select your own pieces to showcase. A couple of times, other Etsy vendors have told me they put me on their treasury. I found a site that captures the screen shots of all the treasuries that end up on the Etsy home page. I perused through because I read on someone else's blog that she found me via the Etsy home page. Well, this is the treasury I believe she was referring to.
Treasuries are hard to nab and even more so to get posted to the home page, but I was fortunate and I appreciate the other artisans who find my clay flowers unique and beautiful and worthy of being part of their treasury. I also perused through the Gift Guide section of the Etsy site and these are items picked by the Etsy staff. Again I found my Passionate about Peonies Goes Tropical arrangement in the Wedding Gift Guide! SWEET! :)
The more and more I sell on Etsy the more I feel it was the best decision I made. It's such a great way to sell your handcrafted items at reasonable rates. Plus you're among some really wonderful artisans in the world! The other great thing is you can advertise for very little on a daily basis if you want! Very affordable.

1 comment:

Tinygami said...

Congratulations Diane!

I think Etsy is a great site and wish it had been around 11 years ago when I started my accessory company. I would have set up a shop for sure.