Tuesday, September 23, 2008

DK Designs Clay Flower Bouquet - Creamy White Peonies and Cornflower Blue Hydrangeas
It's been a busy week and it's only Tuesday.... Today I finished 2 bouquets, but the first one I want to showcase is a cornflower blue hydrangea with creamy white peonies. Jessica found me via my Etsy site and had a small budget for her bouquet. She is from Kentucky and she wanted Kentucky Cornflower Blue hydrangeas. I didn't know what exact color that was, so she sent me a swatch via email and I made her a sample.

I try to work with my brides to create a bouquet that's within their budget. This time around, I gave more than the what she paid for, but for those who know me, I don't do anything half-way so Jessica definitely got a lot for her money. I think she'll be very pleased with the end results. I have to say my peonies are close to perfection. I was quite pleased with the way they came out for this particular bouquet.
Each time it's an experimentation of how I can change my technique or the way I attach to make it look more realistic. This is why I love this art/craft so much. There's no end to what you can do and perfect when it comes to making flowers. Each time I create something I learn something new that I hadn't tried before and I think it really shows!
Congratulations to Jessica and Dan! Hopefully I did Kentucky cornflower blue justice. :)

No comments: