Monday, September 29, 2008

Miss Pineapple's Wedding Clay Flower Order - Day 2

I feel like I'm writing a diary of my flower making process for Miss Pineapple! LOL... Actually it's fun... So Day 2, this is what I accomplished: 60 stephanotis flowers, a creamy white peony with a gold-tone center for Miss Pineapple's cake topper, peonies, champagne peach roses and creamy whitish green ranunculus.

Most florists I believe use the pearl pin for the stephanotis centers. I've never been much of a fan, probably because I usually poke myself with the pin when I put it in the flowers. So, I use flat back pearls instead. I was going to use the traditional white, but I had ivory pearls and they seem to have the champagne/peachy/copper tones to it so I thought it would be perfect for Miss Pineapple's floral elements.

The stephanotis flowers went a lot faster than the tuberose. I managed to make 60 in 2 hours! The rest of the day was spent making peonies, ranunculus and roses. Miss Pineapple's bouquet is actually almost complete in terms of the flowers. I just need to finish making her copper colored roses. Instead of putting pictures of 60 stephanotis flowers, I decided to start building what Miss Pineapple's bouquuet will actually look like to give you an idea of the pieces put together.

Today's plan will be to make those roses, clay stems (yes... even the stems are made of clay), and begin all the flowers for her bridal party's bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages.

Back to working on the flowers...


No comments: