Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayers go out to my former bride - get well soon!

For those of you who follow my blog on a regular basis, you may recall back in the summer, I posted my first bridal bouquet of the summer wedding season and how this bouquet and the couple I was making the flowers for turned out to be a very special couple to me. If you remember, Debi was in a very major car accident and she was so lucky to survive it and her husband Ed stuck with her every step of the way. They got married in July and are enjoying married life.

I've been catching up on my blog reading and Debi has her own personal blog that keeps me up-to-date on her life, her struggles and her beautiful marriage to Ed. I read her post from Thursday just now and found out that she has been in excruciating pain due to a condition called fibromyalgia. It's caused by injury to the body but basically in a nutshell, her whole body is in SERIOUS PAIN. I read the post and I started to tear up and really feel sad that my friend was hurting so much and there was nothing I could do to help her. Of all the people in the world, Debi doesn't deserve this. She's already been through so much through her continued recovery from the accident and she deserves to be happy and pain free.

If I lived closer I would drive there and help her through this very difficult time for her. Debi holds a VERY special place in my heart. She and I really developed a bond during the course of my making her bouquet. Her story, her will to live and her love for Ed really inspired me. I plan on making her something special to cheer her up and if for only a moment bring a smile to her face and make the pain go away.

So I wanted to dedicate this post to Debi and I hope she's feeling better really soon.
Big air hugs and lots of get well wishes and prayers to you Debi and I hope you're feeling better very very soon!

1 comment:

Events by Evonne, LLC said...

Awww... I am so sorry to hear about Debi's accident, but I wish her a speedy recovery! Big hugs to her!