Monday, July 13, 2009

Clay Butterflies are SUPER Cute!

My client, Alicia, asked me not only to do her Krewe of Kamehameha (Mardi Gras meets Maui) save the dates and invitations, but she also asked me if I could create some butterflies and flowers out of clay. She got her inspiration from the Mariska Hargitay cake that was embellished with crystals, glitter and lots of flowers and butterflies!
Above is the cake that gave her inspiration for their event. I used some cool colored "Stickles" glitter paints to embellish the texture on the wings and body. I hand painted the eyes as well. I'm excited to see what she says about the butterflies and hope to have some flowers to post as well. Well, back to work on all my other pending orders. Lots to do!

1 comment:

Events by Evonne said...

Oooooh, I love clay butterflies. They are soooo cute! :)