Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bridal Bouquet for a 12/26 bride

One of my brides contacted me 6 weeks before her wedding day asking me if I could create her bridal bouquet, some cake flowers, boutonnieres and corsages. She is part of the www.myhandmaderegistry.com. She ordered a custom piece as a birthday gift for her sister and then her sister ordered hair flowers. Dorana asked me to create her flowers for her day after Christmas wedding. She sent me fabric from her wedding dress and wanted a vintage look.
We had discussed no greenery, but I told her I need something to fill the gaps between the flowers so we decided white hydrangeas. After I built the bouquet, she decided that wasn't the look she was hoping for, so she requested ivory rose buds. Not that there's much time mind you to get this done, but since we're shipping Express Mail we have some leeway. So this is what her final bouquet looks like.So what happened to the white hydrangeas you ask??? Well, I knew I would be able to do something with them and had the extra stems sitting in my aqua blue mason jars from Midwest Finds on Etsy. Then it dawned on me, they would look perfect in my aqua teal blue mercury glass vases! So the arrangement is now for sale on Etsy. This piece looks perfect with zenatona's "breeze" canvas art. Click here to check out her canvas art!

2 comments:

marie christine said...

Your hydrangeas look as light as a feather...

Leslie said...

your work is incredibly beautiful!