Friday, February 26, 2010

Jules' Last Day...

Today is a bittersweet day! Jules completed her training with me today. Granted I will see her on Sunday when she comes to a bridal faire with me, but I am sad that she's going back to the UK next week. She did a fantastic job for the last 3 weeks and I'm very proud of her.

I'm happy to say I have a new and dear friend in the UK and have thoroughly enjoyed training her to be a DECO Clay Craft Academy instructor. One day in the near future she'll hopefully be offering classes to those in her area. She was so kind, bringing me wonderful cheesecake from a bakery near where I live, she even made me a lovely necklace of her own design! One day I will ask her to make me one with her flowers. :)
I wanted to share her tall vase arrangement as well. She had over 30 flowers and it turned out gorgeous. I love all the flowers she picked and they all work well together.

Jules got along splendidly with my son Aidan and our dog Brig and she had to endure the passing of my mother-in-law, tears shed and a few other things that happened while she was here, but she was so gracious and so thoughtful. We will miss her dearly, but that's what Skype is for and email! I'm looking forward to seeing what she creates and how she expands on the skills she learned while she was here. I have no doubt she will take it to new heights! Also looking forward to hey maybe one day teaching her students in the UK! Now that would be a great dream!

1 comment:

Evonne & Darren Photography said...

Did Jules stay with you? It's soooo cool that you got to teach someone who's from so far away and share the same passion as you do.