Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Wedding Cake Flowers

My client, Nicole sent me photos of the flowers that were to be used in her wedding. She is getting married on 10/10 and wanted white cymbidium orchids with burgundy details, red roses, red hipericum berries, mango callas, white callas, and this beautiful two-tone yellow and red freesia. She has a multi-tier cake and she wanted flowers for the top of the cake as well as to put between two layers.
She had asked if I could possibly do a mock-up so her cake person could see how to possibly arrange the flowers since I have never worked with her before. So of course, I was happy to oblige. I couldn't assemble these on my faux cake since the fondant is too hard to break through and I never created holes to put my flowers for future purposes. So unfortunately I had to just use cake forms for these photos.I love how the flowers turned out. The epitome of fall!

1 comment:

Aimee Boyle said...

Soooo beautiful flowers Diane!
Love the colors too.