Monday, November 15, 2010

Southern Magnolia Cake Flowers

I had an inquiry a few months back for Southern magnolia cake flowers in size of 4-5 inches in diameter. I asked the client if I could hold off to make them until I had taken my C3 class to learn the new techniques. So I had made her flowers a few weeks ago, but they didn't look very good and so I put off reworking them, but I knew I didn't like the way they turned out and wanted to redo them.I recently saw a sugar magnolia cake flower that Jacqueline Butler of Petalsweet Cakes recently created and it gave me inspiration to try again.
I ended up falling back on some of my old techniques while at the same time incorporating some of the new things I learned. I'm very happy with the results.

Had a great weekend teaching in San Diego area this past weekend and spending time with my dear friend Debbie Friedrich of zenatona, doing some teaching and just enjoying a little time off! Now it's back to catching up on orders and accelerated instructor courses.

No comments: