Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fleuri - finally coming together...

I received Myrna's pieces for the Fleuri project and they are stunning with my floral pieces. I still have yet to put them together so they are one standing piece, but I was able to lay them out and get a shot over them so you could get a glimpse of this amazing collaboration.

I'm so proud of Myrna and her attention to detail and her unending creativity. She's always up for a good challenge and it definitely was a challenge for both of us. I love that we can both have our own individuality in design, but when it all comes together it looks like a very cohesive design When I teach, I teach the basic techniques that were taught but I also encourage my students and instructors to have their own sense of design and style. I don't think ultimately everyone's work should look the same. That's the beauty of the clay art, you can express your own individuality and creativity!

Once the boxes are finally adhered together, I'll have new photos to share, but for now, this is just a glimpse of what it's supposed to look like!

No comments: