Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Custom Birthday Centerpiece for a Fellow Design Blogger's Daughter

I have been really bad about sharing with you another blog that I love to follow. The blog is called Citrus and Orange (www.citrusandorange.blogspot.com). Susana is the blogger of this wonderful design blog of all things pretty, wonderful dessert displays and design inspiration. Her blog is in Portuguese and English as she writes from Portugal.Susana approached me about purchasing a few of my ready made items on Etsy for her birthday earlier this year. She then asked if I would be willing to make some custom pieces such as individual stem peonies. What I love about Susana is she re-purposes the pieces I make for her just by putting them in a different vase.
A couple of weeks ago she asked me if I could create a centerpiece with coral peonies, peach poppies and white ranunculus in an aqua blue Ball mason jar for her daughter's upcoming birthday. This is the final piece. I cannot wait to see what she creates for her daughter's birthday.
If you have not checked out Susana's blog, it's definitely worth looking at and following! One of her images was selected on Apartment Therapy's website this week and it included my pink peony flower!All images are courtesy of www.citrusandorange.blogspot.com. You can also find her on Facebook! I am always touched and honored that I have clients who continually ask me to create more beautiful things for their home and special occasions. This is why I love doing what I do! Thank you Susana for being such a wonderful client and blogosphere friend!

No comments: