Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Special Wedding...

It's been a busy week last week with my son finishing his last week of school and helping plan my Dad's wedding. Sunday, my Dad got married. They had asked me to work on the invitations and part of the gift to them was his wife's bridal bouquet. However, they were concerned about the growing costs of the wedding and wanted to have my brother and I photograph the wedding. I knew that was going to be a recipe for disaster so I asked my friend and industry colleague if he was available. Amazingly enough, he was open that day to shoot the wedding! We only needed 2 hours to photograph the ceremony and portraits.
I knew that my dad would be impressed by Chung Li's work. They were floored when they saw his past work. So my brothers and I agreed to pitch in and hire Chung to photograph the wedding ceremony and important bridal and family portraits.I was roped in at the last minute to be the wedding coordinator/planner to make sure the wedding went according to plan. I have had experience in the past with coordinating/planning weddings, but it's not something I particularly enjoy. It's a lot of work and I give a lot of credit to those who make wedding planning and coordination their full time profession. It's definitely a must to have someone help you with this process.At any rate, I received some sneak peek photos from Chung yesterday from my Dad's wedding. Words do not accurately describe what he and his second shooter captured that day. It was nice to see my dad happy for the first time in a very long time. They turned an ordinary hotel venue backdrop into images that we will all treasure, most of all my Dad and his wife. If you love these photos, check out more of Chung's work at www.chungliphotography.com. He also offers really great beginner photography classes (I took this class last spring) as well as 1:1 mentoring classes. He's a top notch photographer, professional and friendly. He travels worldwide. I highly recommend him for your special event!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

The bride looks lovely, the flowers and gorgeous and your Dad looks SO VERY HANDSOME! {wink!} Congratulations.