Thursday, July 7, 2011

Latest Love of Vintage Glass...



I've been perusing blogs and seeing the use of more vintage items such as milk glass and apothecary jars and bottles. I decided to look on Etsy and found some great aqua and purple glass bottles. I think I have fallen in love with these cute bottles. They have so much character.
I also managed to work on a new gardenia style - one with a more open center. I still have little ways to go to perfecting it. A client of mine recently asked me to make her gardenias for her parents' plot at the cemetery as gardenias were one of their favorite flowers. A really random request, but I agreed to do the order. If nothing else, it gave me the opportunity to try a new style. I guess the more I think about it, many cemeteries are banning the use of fresh flowers because of the cost of disposal so you definitely do see more silk flowers. So why not clay, as long as it's protected from the elements, it's a great alternative. :)

Sorry my posts have been few and far between, but I've been in the throws of making 150 cymbidium orchids for favor boxes.

No comments: