Monday, October 17, 2011

Changing Directions Leads to A New Path...

As I have alluded to before, the last year has been quite challenging with juggling all my responsibilities as a mom, a wife, and an entrepreneur. I have had to make some difficult decisions regarding my future to find balance in my life. Sorry this is a long email with no pictures.

Effective in September, I gave notice to resign from the DECO Clay Craft Academy as an instructor. The main reason is just because I need to find balance. While I love teaching, it's not what I love to do the most. My biggest love other than my family is to just create flowers. I have accomplished a lot as a DECO Clay Craft Academy student and instructor, and I will forever be grateful to Kazuko and Yukiko Miyai for sharing this art with me and making me realize that I could make a career out of creating beautiful things. I have taught lots of wonderful people in the last 8 or so years and many of whom have become such wonderful friends over the years. I will miss teaching everyone, but I know the friendships will carry on moving forward because after all, we have one mutual love, the love of the art of DECO Clay!

For those of you who are interested in DECO Clay Craft Academy classes and becoming a member, you can go to their website and find instructors who are in your area. If you cannot find a DECO instructor in your area, please feel free to contact the Academy directly. The instructor base continues to grow worldwide so even if there isn't an instructor where you live, there might be one there soon! If you are determined like many of my international and US students, who want to become certified, seek out an instructor who is closest to your country or state and they just may be willing to offer you accelerated classes so you can complete the curriculums and certification process in a shorter time frame.

For my students who wish to continue training with the DECO Clay Craft Academy, definitely seek out one of the certified DECO instructors because there are some really amazing classes once you become a certified instructor to challenge and develop your skill and create some INCREDIBLE flowers and figurines developed by Kazuko and Yukiko.

I have learned a lot in the last 10 years and have had so many wonderful opportunities. I continue to be blessed with new and more challenging opportunities that help me continue to grow. I will still be making flowers and figurines out of DECO Clay as I feel it's one of the most superior air dry clays around. So many applications and the possibilities are endless... You are truly only limited by your imagination.

I am in the process of revamping my website but that will take some time as I'm transitioning to a completely different platform, so even though it still mentions the classes and certification, I am no longer teaching and have officially resigned my position as a DECO Clay Craft Academy instructor.

I wish the DECO Clay Craft Academy family all the best and thank Kazuko and Yukiko for 10 years of a great journey. You will always inspire me to put forth my best and not limit myself as to what I can do. In my mind, there is no end to the possibilities in my future and I'm eager to start creating amazing works of art from this day forward.

Please contact DECO Clay Craft Academy at www.decoclay.com.

Let the new chapter begin....

No comments: