Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Break and New Items on Etsy...

{Parmesan No Knead Bread}

I took some much needed time off after completing two big print orders just before Thanksgiving. I have been really enjoying the art of baking the last several days. I was also fortunate enough to get my KitchenAid stand mixer back from Hawaii, which I had received as a wedding gift and never opened! Here are just a few of the things I made for friends and family the last few days. I guess I have found that my therapy and relaxation from making flowers and invitations is baking and cooking! It's been fun trying new recipes and sharing it with loved ones near and far.

{Pear and Macadamia Nut Bread}
{Rum Cake}
{Homemade Twix Bars}
{Cranberry, oatmeal cookies with white chocolate}
{Macadamia nut shortbread}Alas, after Thanksgiving it was back to working on my flower orders again. I have another big order to finish for my Australian retailer, but I had a chance to create some more pieces for my Etsy site. One is a floral arrangement using the left over flowers I had from that other Spring inspired arrangement and I paired it with an orange poppy and some orange spotted orchids.
The other listing is of some new wooden spoons with the word "cupcake" in a cute font. A client had asked if I could make it and I loved it so much I decided to add it to the shop.I am very thankful for another wonderful year of so many amazing opportunities, wonderful clients, new and old friendships, and most of all for my loving and supportive family. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner this year with our neighbors who have become like family to us, we ate SO MUCH food that I felt like my 4 months of daily exercise was lost on one night of deliciousness!

2 comments:

Ms.JellyBelly said...

Everyone loved their teapots Diane. THANKS so much. Also, you have a gift with baking cuz Chris and I couldn't stop eating ur loaf. Thanks Aidan for giving us ur loaf.

DK Designs said...

I'm so happy to hear everyone enjoyed the teapots. :) I'm very glad you both enjoyed the blueberry zucchini bread. :) It's one of my favorites.