Monday, February 13, 2012

My Son's Angry Birds Themed Birthday Party Photos

Yesterday, we celebrated my son's birthday with his close friends and family. It was a week long affair of preparing for this special day. I started Wednesday and it was non-stop work until last night.
It's the first time I did an all out dessert table. Everything you see was made by me. :) My son has a love of panna cotta and so I decided to make a little more upscale birthday dessert table than I'm sure what most little ones would expect.It was really hard to find decorations with Angry Birds on them. So I had to resort to doing it myself. I found these awesome tissue poms via Shop Sweet Lulu and decided to make my own Angry Birds characters using cardstock that I have from my invitation business. I also love their cute milk bottles, which the kids filled with raspberry pineapple sherbet punch.My menu for the dessert table was, honey panna cotta with coffee gelee and cacao nibs (for the adults of course), coconut panna cotta with passion fruit gelee topped with fresh mango and strawberries, vanilla panna cotta with blood orange gelee topped with fresh blueberries and strawberries, mini shortbread fruit tarts with marscapone honey cream, coconut and mango financiers, financiers with raspberries and blueberries, Devil's food chocolate cupcakes with passion fruit buttercream frosting, fresh strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a 6" Devil's food chocolate cake with passion fruit curd filling.My favorite piece of the whole table was my clay figurines for the actual cake. Granted we never cut into it because there was so many desserts. I have never taken a cake decorating class and it was kind of trial and error, but I love how the cake toppers really made the cake! :)

I had made extra Angry Birds cupcake toppers for the party to give to each child. the favors were the keepsake cupcake toppers and I put a $5 Target gift card in a muslin pouch for the kids.
Everyone had a blast. I was so lucky to have the help of my husband and my best friend who helped prepare the "real" food while I worked on all the desserts for the most part. I could not have done it without them.
I definitely give a hat's off to all the dessert table designers out there. It's amazing what you do. It's exhausting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow you are amazing! What a great dessert table!
And I agree with you, as an amateur who only makes dessert tables for my kids I have come to fully appreciate the incredible amount of work that goes into putting one together!

paintinggnome said...

Wow, that is a lot of desserts. Being that I am the only one in my husband's family that bakes, I can feel for you. I have never made that type of spread before though. I tip my hate to you.

DK Designs said...

Thank you Marcela and Betsy! :) Totally worn out from this party, but work awaits so it's back to making flowers for clients. So glad the party is DONE! :)

SpryOnTheWall said...

Amazing! Just beautiful and adorable all at the same time.