Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A New Flower - Bird of Paradise

It's been a while since I tried to create a new flower. A good friend of mine inspired me to challenge myself so this is what I came up with. I won't tell you about the challenge until I can successfully complete it. At any rate, in our backyard where I grew up, we have a lot of bird of paradise plants. They are starting to bloom and although it's not my favorite flower, I have always wanted to try making it on my own. I painted it last night and wanted to share the photos of how it turned out.I'm quite happy with the results and that I challenged myself to figure it out. Another busy week ahead of completing some orders and starting new ones so that means I'll be back in the studio, but it also means new photos to come soon.

2 comments:

paintinggnome said...

The bird of paradise is so beautiful. I love the colors and the details put in it.

DK Designs said...

Thank you Betsy for your kind comments about my Bird of Paradise flower. :)