Friday, March 16, 2012

A Couple New Hair Flower Designs

Ever since I made the lily of the valley hair comb a few weeks back, I've had ideas swirling around in my head of other hair accessories I could make.
The first one I created this past week was this sweet and delicate plum blossom hair comb with handwired glass seed beads in a rosaline pink and rhinestone accents. I handpainted the petals with a blush pink and hints of green. The buds of the comb are rhinestones enveloped in clay calyx.
I also have a client who requested a custom gardenia hair flower. Her lavish engagement party is fast approaching and she loves my gardenias but wanted something with a little bit of gold and some bling. I received my shipment of rhinestones today. I really like how this gardenia turned out. I can also do it in silver settings as well.Lots more ideas in my head, but they will have to wait as I have a big project to work on, invitations to finish and 2 big flower orders to fulfill. More teapot designs on the way too, promise!

No comments: