Monday, April 30, 2012

Vow Renewal Bouquets

I was recently contacted by my client who is having a vow renewal and going on a Disney cruise. She wanted to know if I could create a bridal bouquet for their vow renewal as well as two petite bouquets for her daughters to also carry down the aisle.
She asked me for white cymbidium orchids. Her original wedding bouquet contained these orchids as well as white dendrobium orchids, but she was having purple orchid leis so she wanted me to incorporate purple orchids to match. 
 I have heard from past clients who get married on cruises that it's very limiting as to what they can get in terms of fresh flowers and they are not allowed to take the flowers off the ship and preserve them when they disembark. It seems unfortunate that this isn't allowed, but it's a great market for clay flowers. This way the bride can keep her bouquet forever!

 I'm almost finished with a big wholesale order and I've got a bunch of invitation orders I'm working on. I also worked on some watercolor background designs for one of the companies I work with, which was a departure from what I normally do, but I have to admit I enjoyed it.

No comments: